Monday, April 27, 2009

Something That Inspires Me

This was a myspace comment I received a couple of days ago. Nadia lives in the United States, like me. People like Nadia inspire me to keep updating and adding to my Riot Grrrl Online website. I had to share this because it has inspired me to keep being interested in riot grrrl and to keep on going with the riot grrrl website.

Apr 16, 2009 5:29 PM

Hi, Greta! Thanks for the add. I must say it is awesome having all these Grrrl-related links in one place. When I first got interested in Riot Grrrl culture about a year ago, I could barely find anything!

Hope I can find time to write something for the blog soon.
Thanks!
--Nadia


As for Nadia's quote: "When I first got interested in Riot Grrrl culture about a year ago, I could barely find anything!", I know how she feels. That's how I felt a couple of years ago, when I first created Riot Grrrl Online. Back then, It seemed that alot of my favorite riot grrrl websites from the late 1990's to early 2000's had died out. That's why I created the Riot Grrrl Online website. I was interested in riot grrrl and wanted to show my support and love of the movement, so Riot Grrrl Online was born.

GET INVOLVED! I encourage others that are interested in riot grrrl, feminism, or whatever your interest might be, to get involved with it. YOU can get involved by making a zine, make a website, create a group/community on a social network about your interest, join other groups/communities on social networks, etc. I'm sure you can probably think of more ideas than the ones I just mentioned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment